2023 Executive Planning Session: We Have a Plan, Do You?
Have you started planning for the new year?
Having a plan of action with your team is an absolute must when entering the new year. We highly recommend meeting in person for these in-depth discussions rather than Zoom calls. Zoom has been a default of ours lately with Ben living out of town and both Skyler and Leah raising their wild little 1 year olds boys. But we always prioritize meeting with each other face-to-face when it needs to happen.
If you’re not sure where to start, begin first by reflecting on your previous year.
- What were your successes? CELEBRATE THEM.
- What were your failures? LEARN FROM THEM.
- What can you improve on to make sure your failures won’t come up again?
- What can you keep doing so that you will have an even greater amount of success this year?
Now that is a great starting foundation for 2023.
Here’s a sneak peak of a few things we concluded during our meeting over coffee, laughing, note-taking, and following up with one another on our personal lives.
Our 2022 Successes
- We started a sister company! Please welcome Connect 211, the modern search engine for community resources. We’ll be chatting about this fairly soon 😉
- We implemented Pandadoc for proposals, quotes, and contract management. This has not only helped with our professional appearance but has also given us more time back.
- We hired a bookkeeper! Praise the Lord.
- While Skyler has been very focused on application development with Connect 211, Leah recognized a need and stepped up to being the primary manager for all of our website clients.
- We’ve started moving clients to more of an hourly model.
- Leah started up the official Site Savvy podcast via Youtube and Spotify.
- Be wary about committing to deadlines where everything is not in our control.
- Our personal lives greatly affect our business as a small team; let’s keep in touch more.
- Only hire stellar clients. 🤘
High Level Goals for 2023
- Change our market perception from a website shop to a full blown online marketing agency and content production company. 🤯 It’s ambitious, but we’re on the path.
- Bring a branding EXPERT, onto the team. This will bring more services that we can provide our clients in the very near future. We have a very special and talented person lined up to onboard this year.
And so it begins..
We’re excited to kick this year off by focusing as a team on our goals and roles. Every year continues to surprise us, cause us to hold our breath, but also throw our hands in the air with excitement for achieving what felt impossible.
You can also expect this year with more communication from us through these blog posts, monthly newsletters, and our video podcast. And hey, maybe something will help you along the way in your own business journey, so that would be kinda cool 🙂
Go kick some butt this year!