Premium Services: Post Launch Website Management
So you have a new website; great! Now it’s time to just move on and go about normal business and forget about it, right?
You already set it up, and it’s live, and people can visit it and learn more about your company and get a hold of you if they’re interested in your services. Set it and forget it, am I right?
Keep Your Online Presence Up to Date
The magic really happens after your site is launched.
Technology is always changing.
Your business/organization is always changing.
Which means, your online presence is also always changing. At least it should be.
This mindset is actually why Site Savvy began in the first place. Prior to our business launching in 2015, Skyler Young, Co-Owner and Co-Founder, created many ‘one and done’ websites for businesses. That was the norm: build a website, go live, collect payment, and move on.
Then he started noticing a pattern. After awhile, a lot of his previous clients would follow up with him months later to make changes to their website.
– ‘Remove this person from the About page and add these other people.’
– ‘Now that we’ve used the site for a little bit, we’d like the tabs in the menu moved around.’
– ‘This feedback from our clients is telling us that they aren’t noticing this call-to-action on the home page; can you make it stand out more?’
The list goes on and on.
That’s when the lightbulb went off and Skyler decided that people really need a service company, not just a one and done. So here we are! Your dedicated website design and management service company 😉 To this day, we still have clients that we maintained a relationship with and are still proactively managing and adding value to their website since 2015.
Let’s dig into what that looks like.
Premium Website Updates
We’d like to break down what this would look like from your end and what you could expect from us.
Each month you receive an email log of updates that we made. When you’re a Premium client, you don’t have to think about it because we already are. Think of us like your website insurance.
These updates can be categorized into four (4) different groups:
- Your requests
- Marketing insights
- Proactive value
Pretty self explanatory. Our main goal is to make the changes you need done to YOUR website. This usually takes some back and forth through email, Zoom calls, or meetings as we want to make sure that we are giving you exactly what you want.
There will be times that we look at what you want from a marketing perspective and will suggest other options or ways of accomplishing what you want done. Sometimes it’s best that we first know what your primary objective or goal is so that we can brainstorm with you to offer the best option that we believe there is. Because at the end of the day, sometimes you just don’t know what you don’t know!
For example: We’ve had multiple clients put on events for their organizations which required registration forms. To them, they weren’t aware of the options out there that would make their life easier, so they had simply just told us that they wanted the registration entries sent to them each time someone registered and then they would manually add each entry to a spreadsheet.
When we took a step back to figure out what the bigger goal was, we recommended that we set up a Zapier (a third party automation system) account for them and connect it to their website so that anytime someone did register, it would autofill into a spreadsheet. The end result? Less work on their hands to focus on the stuff that really matters.
We have had clients sign up with us simply because we knew of an easier way to accomplish what their goal was.
We routinely check to make sure your site isn’t breaking and everything is working properly. Technology is always changing, and by nature means that things will break every now and then. We’re here to watch that and manage it before you’re even aware it’s an issue. You’re welcome!
Here’s a few examples of maintenance updates that we routinely make:
- Test forms
- Check 404 errors via Google Search Console
- If the site incurs downtime, we’ll investigate that and make sure it doesn’t happen for long periods.
- Keep your SSL renewed – this requires an annual update that we make through your domain registrar
- Comb through to make sure links, images, pages, and navigation of site are working well and makes sense
We want you to know what types of analytics and data you’re receiving from your website traffic and overall performance. This will aid you in making decisions in other marketing tactics so we want to make sure you’re fully aware of the impact of your online presence. We will also help you create and manage your Google Business listing, Google Analytics account, and Google Search Console. To top it off, we like to throw in ‘Tip of the Month’ extras so you can have a focus that month that will help you increase website traffic. Kind of like homework 😁
Here’s a few examples of marketing insight updates that we routinely make.
- Send you Google analytics reports
- Send you GT Metrix scores
- Tip: Ask your clients to leave you Google reviews
- Tip: Create blog posts that have to do with the seasons or upcoming holidays; make it fun!
Honestly, this is the category that we probably spend the majority of our time on. We are always learning and researching new ways to add more value by looking into the latest marketing trends, how to increase website traffic, the latest SEO tactics, and making sure your website is up to date with the latest requirements.
What’s fun about this is that we first test these ideas on ourselves to see what works and doesn’t work. Then we’re able to teach from experience and maybe even nerd-out a bit about the results and benefits with our clients. We may or may not have already been doing that..😅
Here’s a few examples of proactive value type of updates that we routinely make:
- Add extra attention to a popular page (your Google Analytics will tell us this info)
- Each month we are blogging, creating Youtube videos, and recording podcast episodes to help YOU increase website traffic. Not only will you be included in our newsletters, but we also include links to these resources in your monthly email if we find something that applies to you specifically.
- Recommend setting up Newsletter subscription form; it’ll collect emails that they can use if they do decide to post newsletters in the future or just reach out to clients about selling services
- Recommend getting video testimonials from your clients; this is a huge trust building move you can make with potential clients